What on earth is a zucchini race?
Step 1: Grab a zucchini (home grown or buy one)
Step 2: Decorate it (think big)
Step 3: Stick some wheels in it (don't forget to check out the axle regulations, this is serious business)
Step 4: Send it zooming down our custom 26'ramp and celebrate victory or epic defeat with your neighbors.
2019 Race Information
Zucchinis will race in threes lanes down a 26 foot racetrack, in an elimination-style tournament!
Registration is on event day from 11 am to 2 pm. Races will start at 2:30 pm.
In order to be eligible for participation, all Zucchini Racers must meet the following requirements:
- Limit of 1 vehicle per person
- Vehicle must be made of a single zucchini/yellow squash
- Vehicle must be less than 25 cm in width including wheels/decorations
- Vehicle axle must be directly tied to, or pass through the zucchini (e.g. dowel with spinning wheels is acceptable, a zucchini strapped to a skateboard or toy is not)
- Decorations are encouraged (really…essential. Please note there will also be a prize for the fan favorite racer!), but cannot extend more than 10 cm past the front of the racer.
- Vehicle must be gravity-powered only. Any engine/rubber band/rocket, etc. powered vehicles will be disqualified.
- If repairs are required to a vehicle between races, no additional material can be added.
Winners will receive the prestigious title of the winner of the fourth annual East van Zucchini race, wild applause, and a custom trophy.